Choosing a university can be confusing, as we all know from experience, and when consulting the internet for recommendations, there’s a risk of becoming overwhelmed by suggestions that don’t simplify matters; in fact, they make things even more confusing.
The big cities in particular offer so many international opportunities and academic pathways that allow thousands of students to leave home in search of a growth experience.
Therefore, it is essential to research both the city in which one wishes to study and the courses offered at the various universities.
When I was deciding between programs, I found it extremely useful not just to research them but also to read testimonies and feedback from current and past students.
Griffith College‘s good reputation was a major factor in my decision to enrol at the university and this was also supported by recommendations from my colleagues who attended the same course.
As I was researching and assembling information, I noticed that some points were consistent throughout almost all of the testimonies. As a time-saver, and to help you narrow down your choices, I have compiled a list of the top 6 reasons why students choose Griffith College.
- Stability and reputation. Griffith College has built a national and international reputation upon its students’ success over the past 40 years, winning several awards for first-class instruction and excellent study materials. With more than 8000 students spread across four campuses, the college offers degrees accredited by HETAC and is committed to the highest academic standards.
- A student-centred approach. Being lost in the crowd and feeling just like a number is frustrating, especially when one is studying away from home. By providing students with personalized programs and small classes, Griffith College gives them the feeling of a home away from home while fostering their ability to develop their individual strengths.
- An amazing experience in Ireland. Aside from being one of the best English-speaking countries in Europe, Ireland is one of the six most competitive economies in the world, making it a desirable destination for studying abroad. Presently, there are over 44,000 international students in the country, who hail from more than 160 countries around the world. There are four Griffith College campuses in Ireland, in Dublin, Limerick, and Cork, and this is also a reason why students choose to enrol in one of the many courses and enjoy the opportunity of experiencing the Emerald Isle.
- Competitive fees. Griffith College prides itself on offering a flexible, cost-effective alternative to higher education offering competitive fees and a 20% tax deduction. As an added bonus, the university offers affordable housing, within fifteen minutes of Dublin City Center, as well as convenient access to Dublin’s public transport.
- People working at Griffith. There is something really amazing about Griffith College’s staff. From the Rector to the professors to the secretaries, everyone is disarmingly friendly and helpful and this makes a big difference. With a staff-student ratio of 30/1, staff members go out of their way to make sure every student feels welcomed, comfortable, and ready to start their new journey.
- A wide range of courses to choose from. Business, journalism, design, marketing, accounting, administration, engineering, childcare & social studies, computing and IT are part of Griffith College’s range of internationally recognized programmes ranging from levels 6 to 8, to postgraduate and MBA levels 9. Also, in addition to corporate, short term, and professional training solutions, Griffith offers a variety of other educational options.
Do not hesitate to contact the admissions office if you want to know more about Griffith, talk about a specific course, or discuss all of your options.
As a MA in Journalism and Public Relations student, I have already made my choice. Now, it’s your turn to accept the challenge and make the next move.
I look forward to seeing you on campus soon!