With the world in despair over the coronavirus, people around the world have been told to stay indoors to stop the spread of the virus. In Ireland, the HSE has advised individuals to do all within their power the stop the spread of the virus. Being in isolation with nothing to do can be boring. If you have always wanted to try cooking the famous Nigerian Jollof and you do not know how to, you are in luck, as I will be teaching you how to cook some today with peppered chicken in this podcast.
- Rice- 2cups
- Vegetable oil/olive oil- 4 to 5sp
- Onions Chopped- Medium size
- Garlic- 1 clove
- Blended pepper, should consist of – sweet bell pepper(2)+ tomatoes(3)+ Scotch Bonnet pepper(3)+onion(1 small size)+garlic(1 clove)
- Beef/ fish/assorted
- Seasonings all to taste- salt, curry, thyme, powdered ginger, chili flakes, and seasoning cubes
Nutrients in Jollof rice
Rice – 90% Carbohydrate. Also rich in magnesium, phosphorus, iron and folic acid
Tomato – Vitamin C, K, A and calcium
Red bell Pepper – Vitamin C, B6 and Folate
Scotch bonnet pepper – Vitamin C, A, B and iron
Onion – Vitamin C, B6, and Potassium
Chicken gravy – Potassium
Beef gravy — Sodium
Oil – Fat and Vitamin E, K
Jollof rice is also a great source of energy and a very healthy choice of meal.
- Vegetable oil
- Blended pepper
- Diced pepper- 3/4 of each color
- Diced onion
I hope you enjoy the tutorial.