Coronavirus also is known as COVID-19 is a large family of viruses that can cause multiple illnesses such as the Middle East respiratory syndrome(MERS-COV) and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS-COV). The virus has initial symptoms similar to the flu, it takes up to 14 days for symptoms of Coronavirus to appear.
Some of its symptoms are Coughing, sneezing, breathing difficulties, shortness of breath and fever. The virus can be transmitted by close contact with the fluids of an infected person, touching surfaces whereby the virus has come in contact with, shaking hands and touching handrails and this is so because the virus can last 24 hours on surfaces.
However, there are preventive measures that can be taken to prevent the spread of the virus.
Here is a list of 10 things you can do to protect yourself from the coronavirus.
1. wash your hand after you come in contact with people, or have been to public places, touched handrails, elevators buttons e.t.c
2. Make use of hand sanitizers.
3. make use of hand gloves in public places.
4. Drink water often to keep your system hydrated as this flushes out any of the viruses in your system.
5. Take Vitamin C, proteins, fruits( oranges, tangerines, lemons) red bell peppers, broccoli e.t.c to boost the immune system.
6. Ensure eat and eggs are thoroughly cooked.
7. Ensure you stay 6 meters away from someone coughing or sneezing
8. Avoid handshakes with people.
9. If you must come in contact with surfaces make use of an anti-virus surface cleaner.
10. Ensure you wash clothes after you have come I contact with sick people or a large amount of crowd.
Coronaviruses are circulating in animals that have not yet infected humans.
However, world experts have been having ongoing meetings at the WHO headquarters in Geneva, and are developing strategies, drugs, and vaccines that can help curtail the viral outbreak.
Below is a Youtube video that tells us three things you should know about preventing coronavirus.
Health is everybody’s business, we as individuals should try as much as possible to take the preventive precautions to protect ourselves and environment.