During the earlier epochs, the variety of products was limited. Only the wealthiest segments of the population had access to the delicacies; now, it is enough to go to the supermarket to find ingredients from the farthest corners of the world.
The development of the Internet also facilitates the development of cooking. One doesn’t need professional training or a bunch of cookbooks. It is enough to go to Instagram or YouTube to find a recipe for a delicacy.
However, the fast pace of modern life often hinders the desire to cook. Due to lack of free time, residents of megacities in most cases choose either the delivery of ready meals or semi-finished products from store shelves. The global pandemic also greatly influenced our cooking habits recently.
It does not mean that cooking remains only for the chefs. The Internet opens for home cooking lovers dishes from different cuisines of the world. Many recipe sources present life hacks for quick cooking.
One does not need expensive ingredients or professional skills to prepare a simple meal successfully. It is enough not to be afraid of the kitchen and to be able to improvise. Even leftovers from dinner can be used to prepare an interesting and attractive dish.
In this podcast, a host teaches the audience how to create a dish quickly and easily from the ingredients available at home. The recipe of the day is the simplified Italian rice ball recipe.
Baked Rice Balls Recipe (Arancini)
- 200 grams (1 cup) cooked white rice or the leftover risotto
- 90-100 grams (1/2 cup) shredded mozzarella or other shredded cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup regular breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- freshly chopped parsley
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the rice, 1 egg, cheese, salt, pepper or other spices if using.
- Put a spoon of flour if the mass is too watery.
- In a small bowl whip one egg. Put breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Form balls from the rice mass.
- Use a tablespoon to drop rice balls in the egg first, then move them to the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Spray with oil if needed.
- Bake in 180-200 degrees preheated hot oven for 10 minutes and turn them.
- Cook until browned and crispy on top around 5 minutes or how you like them.
- Serve with sauce.