The following produces body heat when eaten, and they can be added to ones diet. The following food items will generate heat and keep you internally warm during the cold. They are quite beneficial to ones health and it helps shield you from the cold and any illnesses that comes with the winter cold. You should also find an honest Portland heating and cooling service near me before winter comes for the maintenance of your HVAC appliances. They are spices, fruits, vegetables and nuts. They are rich in nutrient and have other benefits aside from the fact that they protect one from the cold. It is however advised not to take any of these in case you are allergic to them or you have certain medical conditions which will not permit you to take them.
1. Bananas are one of the fruits that adds heat to the body after eaten. This fruit is said to contain Magnesium and Vitamin B which are responsible for boosting the adrenal and thyroid gland. The adrenal gland is responsible for producing hormones that helps in regulating blood pressure, metabolism and alleviate stress. It is made up of two parts, which are the adrenal cortex and the adrenal medulla. The adrenal gland is also responsible for thermoregulation. When the body produces thyroid, it makes the body temperature to rise. The thyroid gland is an endocrine gland situated around the collarbone and it controls the body temperature. This is more of the reason why it might be a good idea to add banana to your breakfast. You could add it to your oatmeal, granola for breakfast or simply make a smoothie out of it.
2. Oatmeal is an award winning meal with a lot of benefits. The Oatmeal is made from hulled oat grains, it is not only good for old people but anyone, irrespective of their age. Oatmeal produces antioxidants; it is good for cleansing the body system. It is good for reducing blood sugar and producing and as a result, a great meal for diabetic patients. It is good for reducing blood pressure; a great advantage for hypertensive patients. It is beneficial for asthmatic patients, for obese people and relieving constipation. So this meal is good for anyone this winter period, as it helps in regulating the body temperature. So why don’t you kickstart your day with a delicious bowl of oatmeal this winter.
3. Chillies: Although this food is good for body heat, it is however advised to use it moderately, as too much of it can trigger or worsen certain medical conditions, such as asthma and ulcer. “Capasaicin” is said to be present in chillies which is responsible for “theremogenesis”. The chemical helps in creating sensory neurons that create heat sensation and redness. However, not everyone loves chilli, but a little chilli won’t hurt. For Ladies, take a little of this during your menstrual cycle. For those who are comfortable eating spicy foods, then adding chillies to your food can be quite beneficial. It will help generate body heat and keep you warm through the day after your meal.
4.Ginger is said to produce a thermic effect on the body. Ginger is also referred to as the universal medicine. Ginger is an herb that is aromatic and it produces heat to the body. A lot of people prefer to add ginger to their hot tea, or instead take the ginger tea itself. It stimulates fluid secretion such as sweats and the mucus. Ginger is good for upper respiratory illness such as the cold, flu or pneumonia. So this is perfect for those with little resistance to cold. It is good for sore throats, congestion and catarrh. So why not a hot ginger tea on a cold evening?.
5. Garlic. Consumption of garlic or by adding it during a meal preparation can increase body temperature. This is advised not to consumed in excess during hot wethers as it can cause fever and hot flashes. however, it is quite good for the winter period. Garlic is good for cleansing the body systems from toxins. It increases the immunity of the body and creates balance to a meal. Garlic creates immunity for the lungs as well, during the winter, people are prone to get the cold or flu while those with history of asthma or respiratory illnesses suffer during the winter. Here comes Mr Garlic to the rescue, as it increases the immunity of the lungs by expelling cold from the cold, clearing the airways and killing pathogens that might find its way into the body through the nose.
6. Onions. Onions can help warm you up this winter as the temperature is dropping. Root Vegetables are recommended for the winter, little wonder why the onion makes the list. Onions are good source of antioxidants and as well as thermoregulation. Onions are innately hot and when added to meals, it can generate body heat. When steaming rice this winter, it might be advised to add onions to it, make onion rings or add onions to your vegetable salad. Onions can be added when cooking food or be used in garnishing foods. Another best diet is to add onions to your bowl of salad and that is if you can eat raw onions. Onions as a root vegetable has other benefits such as lowering heart disease risk, its antioxidant effects and antibacterial properties.
7. Red meat is very high in Iron and it is very good for anaemic patients. Those who have low iron in their body experience the cold more than those who have high iron in theirs. Red meat s a good source of iron, helps in keeping the body warm. It also supplies the body with vitamin B12 and contributing to healthy nerves in the body. So why not Red meat?, if you are a vegetarian, an alternative is to eat the mushroom, although this is perfect for the summer period because of its cooling properties.
8. Sweet potatoes are root vegetables which are very high in nutrient. The Sweet potatoes requires a longer process during breaking down, and as result during metabolism, it raises the body temperature. It is high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and potassium. It adds fiber to diets and as result, helps in digestion. It is good for eye health as well. It is essentially beneficial this winter for body temperature. You can cook it, braise it, grill it or bake it. The sweet potatoes is a very delicious meal, so it is a good food for the winter.
9. Nuts are good source of protein, magnesium, fiber, fat, iron and Vitamin B. For Nuts, moderation is key for its consumption. Nuts for a lunch date or a movie night with friends during this winter is a better idea, especially when you have run out of throws and blankets for your friends, Nuts got you covered. Nuts as a good source of fat, increases the body temperature.
10. Apple. An apple a day they say keeps the doctor away, how about an apple a day keeps the cold away. The apple is classified as a hot food. The apple helps in the increase of body temperature. You can make an apple pie or an apple tart for your friends and family when they come visit you, or you could as well, make an apple smoothie for yourself to accompany your meals.
However, it is advised to stay away from these food products if you are allergic to them or if you have dietary concerns. These are the foods that make the list for top foods for the winter cold.