Winter finally came and now the only thing that you can think about is … Skiing! When it’s cold and sunny, there is nothing better than seing a beautiful and snowy landscape, but where can you find this ? In France of course!
With 55.6 million skier-days sold last year, France remains one of the favorite destination for snowsports in the world. There are more than 180 resorts in the Alps so it can be quite difficult to choose the one you want to go to. Trust me, the better place to ski in France is definitly The Grand Massif.
The Grand Massif is the 4th largest ski-linked area in France and it rises up to an altitude of 2500m. The Grand Massif also offers a truly breath-taking panoramic view of the French side of the Mont Blanc mountain range and more than 144 pistes accessible in the 5 linked stations : Flaine,Morillon, Les Carroz, Samoëns and Sixt.
You’re not yet convinced ? I have listed for you my favourite places in The Grand Massif, and why you absolutely should go there :
– Drink the best hot chocolate of your entire life in Morillon at Le Chalet d’Clair (ask for the hot chocolate with chantilly cream, it is amazing).
– Admire one of the most impressive view of the Mont Blanc at the top of the Grandes Platières cable railway, in Flaine.
– Visit the old town of Samoëns and have a drink after ski in Aspen Cafe, a very nice pub with good beers.
– Eat the traditional almonds and blueberries pie of Samoëns, the Septimontaine, and buy it in Tiffanie, in Samoëns, the best bakery in the whole valley.
– Enjoy the best and hardest ski piste of the resort in Les Carroz : Corbalanche, a black run, verry long and steep : so helpfull to burn the calories of the fondue you will eat before!