The Beast from the East has paid a visit to Ireland, bringing a consequent amount of snow that paralyzed the entire country for a couple of days. Indeed, this week, Dublin has experienced the largest snow accumulation since 1982 as reported The Irish Times, with a record of 30cms in the capital city, as well as 60cm in some parts of Wicklow and Carlow counties.
If this rare phenomenon seemed to have preoccupied lots of people, rushing into alimentation shops, looking for the last bottle of milk or the last bread, what Government qualified as a ‘red alert’ has amused many Dubliners.
— Sean M. Tuffy (@SMTuffy) March 2, 2018
Citizens as well as guards made impressive snowmen thanks to Storm Emma. I’ve travelled Dublin in search of the best snowmen. Here is my top 5:
1. Funny Snowman and his guard dog, South Circular Road
2. Fat snowman, Griffith College
3. The fancy snowman, South Circular Road
4. The Asian snowman, Westmoreland Street
5. The Gangster snowman, South Circular Road