I’m sure all of you have said something along the lines of “it’s just one of those days”. There’s really nothing wrong, but for some reason you just can’t shake the bad mood.
Lifespan has published an article that gives you seven ways to avoid those days, and here is a summary of the seven ways to avoid a bad mood.
– Be grateful. To be positive and also stay positive will be easier if you actually spend some time each day to be grateful for what you have. Make it your go-to place whenever you feel agitated or upset.
– Be optimistic. Your bad mood may have roots in frustration within yourself. If you manage to turn that frown upside down, and be genuine optimistic about your general situation you are less likely to end up in a bad mood.
– Stop overthinking the situation. We tend to think ourselves into a bad mood, simply by spending far too much mental energy on a given situation. Stop overthinking it, and your levels of irritation will reduce accordingly.
– Be kind. Try your very best to do something kind. You’ll get a good feeling when doing it, and there is the wide belief that if you do something nice, it will often comes back to you tenfold.
– Learn how to cope in difficult situations. When faced with something new and unfamiliar, it can lead us to becoming stressed, and stress can be a major precursor to feeling grumpy. Find a quiet place in your mind or some kind of action you can do anywhere that can just stop the bad temper from developing. This approach takes practice, but this practice will pay off greatly, as long as you can accept that there will still be times where you are too powerless to avoid stress.
– Accept that you need to forgive and forget. Being able to forgive really is a great virtue, and it does show that you are a better person.
– Take care of yourself. Look at your diet and make sure you are getting the correct nutrients, since that can make you less snippy. It’s also a great idea to go for a walk, even just for 10 minutes, since this can often result in you cooling off.
Hopefully these tips will make your life a little easier.