If you’re like most couples, you’re still struggling to get over Christmas and looking for ways to romance the one you love on Valentine’s Day without breaking the bank. Luckily, you don’t need to spend a lot to show someone how much you care.
Here are ten Valentine’s Day ideas for your other half that you can do last minute (without looking cheap).
1. What did you do on your very first date? Just recreate it. That is, of course, if you can remember where it was…
2. Organise a scavenger hunt. Write clues and keep them in different envelopes. If you live together hide them around the house or if you don’t, hide them around town or somewhere local. Make the final clue any destination you wish.
3. If you want to get flowers just go to your local supermarket. These are usually much cheaper than stand-alone florists or ordering online, plus you can pick them up last minute. Just make sure you peel off the Aldi sticker before giving them.
4. Many fancy restaurants have high-end early-bird specials, especially on days like Valentine’s Day. Just make sure to book a table for two in advance as restaurants can book up fast.
5. Go to a local concert or comedy show. Going to a gig in the 3Arena is pricey, but going to see an up and coming band isn’t. Even if you haven’t heard of them so what? You’ll be branching out and supporting local artists. Plus if they’re bad, just head to the bar and drink until they sound better.
6. Make a simple dinner at home and remember it doesn’t matter what you make as long as you tried (Have the number for Dominos at the ready just in case). There are so many quick and easy recipes online that make it look like you just spent hours in the kitchen. Don’t forget to the set the table and light a few candles.
7. Get a few of their (cheap) favourite things. This could be anything from their favourite flavour of Ben and Jerry’s or a pair of new socks or even a naggin. Whatever Bae is into.
8. Organise a movie marathon with chocolate, popcorn, fizzy drinks – the lot. Turn on Netflix, throw on a onesie and you’re good to go. Simple.
9. Why not try entering any Valentine’s Day competitions you see popping up on Facebook or Twitter? You never know, you might just get lucky and all you had to do was retweet or like a photo.
10. If all else fails build a fort. Is there anything better than chilling in your very own fort? No. If your fort is big enough, you can even eat a romantic take-away in there too. Cute!