Stephen King’s bestseller “IT” has become even more popular than the long standing classic
“The Exorcist” – which was a huge success in the mid-’70s.
“IT” has beaten records at the cinema during the past three weeks. “IT” isn’t just beating records,
the movie is actually doubling them. According to the american magazine Variety the movie has cashed 263,3 million dollars in the U.S, which means it has passed the record of “The Exorcist”
from 1973 on 232,9 million dollars. “IT” gives high hopes for the entire horror movie industry.
Star from Swedish acting family
Swedish star actor Bill Skarsgård portrays the demonic clown “Pennywise” in the popular horror movie. The 27-year-old Skarsgård is the son of well known Stellan Skarsgård. Bill also has both
older and younger brothers who have made huge success in the film industry at a young age.
Remake from 1990
The evil clown “Pennywise” terrorize children in a small town in Maine. It is based on Stephen King’s novel from 1986 and it’s a remake from the first miniseries in 1990. The remake actually
has a scary connection to the first movie. It has been 27 years since the first movie was released.
Pennywise kills as many children as he can when he’s in town and then he sleeps for 27 years straight. As you might remember; Bill Skarsgård is also 27 years old… Well, that’s freaky!
TWO STUDENTS ABOUT HORROR MOVIES
1. Have you seen any horror movies lately? Which one?
2. Why do you watch horror movies?
3. Do you watch horror movies at the cinema or do you prefer watching them on Netflix hiding behind a huge pillow?
MENGTE ZHU – 24 – CHINA
1. Yes, I have seen “IT”, because everyone was talking about the movie.
2. I usually don’t watch them. I’m a bigger fan of Spider-Man and Batman.
3. I prefer watching them at home, but ideally I don’t watch them at all.
EMILIE KALNÆS – 22 – NORWAY
1. Yes, I watched the horror movie “IT” and I loved it. It’s very original!
2. I think that I like to be frightened, and I keep repeating to myself that it’s only fiction.
3. I actually love watching horror movies at the cinema. Great sound and high quality!
Have you seen the movie “IT” yet? Leave a comment below!