What to do when beaten by bee stings?
- Do not hit the bees, which will push the stings even deeper.
- Pull out the sting and limit the blood flow to the infected area, which can prevent the venom running though the entire body.
- Extrude the venom until the liquid showing colour of blood.
- Spread the wound with concentrated soap water, diluted soda bicarbonate water, ammonia water or lime water, which can neutralize the acidity from venom.
Please go for the doctor if following symptoms were developed 20 minutes after the above treatments:
- Hives (Urticaria & Angioedema)
- Swelling at sites on the body distant from area of stings
Please consult local GP or professions to confirm whether you were beaten by wasps or bees, as wasps’ bites contain toxicity while bees’ doesn’t.
Click here for the funny movie about making joke with bees.