1. Getting everyone to sign your sweaty school shirt on the last day before summer.
2. Putting a buttercup under your chin to see if you liked butter, even though you do like butter the test was important.
3. Wearing these stylish school shoes.
4. The struggle when your socks lost their supportive band and you had to spend the whole day pulling them up.
5. Sitting on these chairs and having a sore bum all day, everyday.
6. When the TV was wheeled into the class you knew it was going to be the best day ever. *Warning: This feeling never changes even in secondary school.
7. Who remembers this awful book…
8. …And reading about these noodle heads.
9. Coming into school with the heaviest Trocaire box thinking you were a millionaire. Or even better, coming in with two.
10. When you got the tip of the pencil so sharp and it kept breaking. The struggle was real.
11. Letterland. Never forget. (p.s. can you name them all?)
12. The day the random dog came into school and wouldn’t leave the yard. Talk about utter chaos.
13. Being the one who got hit by bird poo during lunch… It was always me.
14. When the Capri Sun broke through the pack.
15. Or worse, came with no straw.
16. Getting these rotten plastic things for lunch aka Dairylea Lunchables.
17. Being the chosen one to deliver a message to another teacher in another class.
18. Asking “an bhfuil cead agam dul go dtí an leithreas?” before you can go to the toilet.
19. Waiting all year for the Christmas annual to come.
20. No PE class was complete without these bags of joy.
21. And these long things.
22. And also these stupid things.
23. Trying to get your alien to have a baby because someone said it works but it never did.
24. Doing your best joint handwriting in this.
25. The day you moved from pencil to this bad boy.
26. Who remembers the blue ink on this pen thing that never came off?
27. Word in the yard was the blue side of these rubbers removed ink… It didn’t.
28. Having one of these pens and being the most popular in the class.
29. Playing with play dough or as we know it – mála.
30. Being a pro at doing this during lunch. “England Ireland Scotland Wales inside outside inside scales”
31. Or making one of these to tell the future.
32. Having your birthday in the Giraffe Centre if you lived in Dublin. Every. Single. Year.
33. Asking for these on holiday and coming back to be the class Beyoncé.