If you are considering coming in Ireland, prepare yourself! Here are 9 tips to help you to integrate into Irish society and to have a better understanding of Irish culture:
1. You need to understand the English language… no, not the one you see in movies, I am talking about the local one. Here is an example:
This might help you. Listen carefully:
2. If you are a coffee drinker, I advise you to ask for an Irish Coffee… every morning. It will set you up for the day.
You might think it looks like this:
Actually, traditional Irish Coffee looks like this:
You can imagine the taste. It will make you smile.
3. You need to have an umbrella (maybe two of them) with you… all the time, every season…
I told you that you might need a second one…
4. Whenever you are using tap water, prepare to get a freezing cold hand and a… hot one.
5. Get ready to drink gallons of Tea. They put ‘talking’ into it.
6. Ireland is a beautiful country. If you are considering traveling in Ireland, you might encounter roads like this:
Or, Irish roads might look like this:
Or, you might give up because:
8. After so much drinking, you will understand how Irish dancing started:
So, I am suggesting you go fast, to beat the queues. Otherwise, you will ‘Irish dance’ as well.
9. You should ‘go green’, especially on St. Patrick’s Day. The entire world goes green as well. No matter what your nationality is, for one day you need to be Irish.
I hope this was helpful. Let me know below.
Oh, and good luck! Of course I am talking about ‘Luck of the Irish‘.