If you’re not familiar with Etsy , it’s an online marketplace for buying and selling predominantly handmade goods. It has an amazing selection of creative accessories and home decor, varying from the useful to the strange ; such as human tooth bracelets, or a taxidermy pirhanna. But the majority of what is on offer is beautiful, original gifts or treats for yourself that you could never pick up on a regular shopping trip. While certain trends are replicated everywhere and pop up in high street chains, when it comes to self-expression what better way to start than by accessorising with crafty handmade merchandise representing your favourite novels and authors? Take a look at 10 of some of the nicest literary-themed items currently available:
1. To the Lighthouse Tealight Holder, €7.71. Blackbird Studios UK
Let your appreciation for Virginia Woolf’s 1927 modernist masterpiece literally shine.
2. Pride and Prejudice Scarf, €36.51. Rooby Lane
“Till this moment I never knew myself.”– Elizabeth Bennet / You, when you try on one of your favourite books in scarf form.
3. Jane Eyre Lowball Glass, €11.7. Literature Rocks series by the Uncommon Green
Also available in A Tale of Two Cities, Moby Dick and Pride and Prejudice versions, as well as many more.
4. Kurt Vonnegut Miniature Magnets Set, €15.00. Bunnyhell.
With a host of other author’s works also available in miniature magnet form, your fridge can now mirror your bookshelf.
5. Little Women Book Clutch, €72.52. Vivalasvixens
This store again offers a number of books crafted into accessories, such as this beautiful clutch crafted from a classic little women cover.
6. Dr.Seuss Book Cover Charm Bracelet, €24.47. Murals4U
A charm bracelet with a unique variation when it comes to its charms.
7. Shakespeare quote iPhone case , €15.37. Mist Printed.
8. Edgar Allen Poe flats, €45.33. LeadFootLucy
9. ‘Miss Havisham’s Mansion’ Theme Scented Soy Candle, €11.08. WJSoyCandles
10. Alice in Wonderland Glasses Case, €19.56. ThimblesnObjectDart